Chef Mario Batali sexual misconduct trial set to begin in Boston

Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines 5/5

Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here. Check out what clicked this week in entertainment.

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The sexual misconduct trial for celebrity chef Mario Batali begins in Boston Monday, following a coronavirus pandemic-relayed delay.

Batali's accuser claims she was taking photos of him at a Boston restaurant in 2017 when he invited her over to take a photo together. At which time, she alleges that he touched her without her consent and then forcibly kissed her.

The famed Italian chef was subsequently charged with indecent assault and battery.

BOSTON JUVENILES' BROAD DAYLIGHT BEATING OF WOMAN ALLEGEDLY TARGETED FOR RACE, HAIRSTYLE CAPTURED ON VIDEO

While the former "Iron Chef" star pleaded not guilty to the charges in 2019, he said the alleged actions "match up" with his behavior at the time.

Celebrity chef Mario Batali is arraigned on charges of indecent assault and battery in Boston Municipal Court, May 24, 2019, in Boston. Batali's trial will take place on April 11, 2022. (David L Ryan/The Boston Globe via AP, Pool, File)

"I have made many mistakes and I am so very sorry that I have disappointed my friends, my family, my fans and my team," he said at the time, the Associated Press reported. "My behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility."

BOSTON JUVENILES 'TERRORIZING' DOWNTOWN ARRAIGNED BUT AVOID HARSH PENALTY DUE TO AGE, CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM

His legal representation previously said the 2019 allegation is "without merit."

Lawrence Richard Fox News