Fact-Check: Clinton Took Donations from Foreign Governments as Secretary of State
- Fact-Check: Yes, the Obama-Clinton Recovery is the Slowest, Since...
- Fact-Check: No, Discriminating Among Immigrants on National Origin Is Not Unconstitutional
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Is Wrong; Trump Vowed to Deport 'Criminal Aliens' on 'Day One'
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Didn't Mention the Governor of Virginia Was a Segregationist Democrat When Barbara…
- Fact-Check: Tim Kaine Denies Boycott of Netanyahu
During the vice presidential debate on Tuesday night, Indiana Governor Mike Pence said, “The Clinton Foundation accepted foreign contributions from foreign governments and foreign donors while she was Secretary [of State].”
Fact check: TRUE.
Not only did foreign governments and foreign donors give to the Clinton’s family charity, but the majority of people outside of the government who met with Clinton while she was in office were Clinton Foundation donors, according to the Associated Press.
The ultimate proof of Pence’s claim? The Clinton Foundation has grudgingly said that it would no longer accept foreign contributions if she became president.